Crusader Pistol, Hellstorm Missile Launcher, Plasma Cutter, Brotherhood Recon Armor, Cave Diving Suit, and some death! A look at the items provided to pre-made characters on today’s Public Test Server update.
We released a new patch for the PTS today, and we’d like to invite you to playtest Steel Dawn quests, Holiday Scorched, new item rewards, a future Aim Assist feature, and continue playing with C.A.M.P. Shelters. We’ve also added premade character to your PTS account, and it’s stocked up with everything you need to try out upcoming reward items more easily. Read on to catch highlights from today’s update.
Steel Dawn Quests
Today’s update for the PTS brings our upcoming Steel Dawn quests to the game so that you can play through them, and then share feedback and bug reports on your experiences.
- Please note: While there is no Non-Disclosure Agreement during this phase of the PTS. Please use spoiler tags, or do your best to warn other players about story/quest spoilers when discussing the new quest content outside of this PTS forum. Thank you!
Here are some details to help you get started with the Steel Dawn questline:
- Steel Dawn quests are open to any level 20+ character, and you can begin the Steel Dawn questline without needing to complete any prior quest content.
- When eligible characters log in, a quest called “Welcome to the Neighborhood” will lead players to Fort ATLAS (formerly ATLAS Observatory).
- Players can also begin the quests directly by traveling to Fort ATLAS.
- When posting feedback or a bug report for quest content, please add the name of the quest in your thread title, and include any relevant quest objectives, screenshots, or other information that may be helpful in the body of your post.
New Reward Items
The Steel Dawn Update will bring a variety of new items to the game as rewards that you will be able to earn from Steel Dawn quests, Daily Ops, and Holiday Scorched. All of the new rewards have been unlocked on a pre-made character that we’ve added to your PTS account (more details below) so that you can try them out immediately. Here’s a list of the new rewards:
- Gold Bullion Price Reduction (PTS Only)
- Mod plans for new weapons and armor can be purchased from Gold Bullion Vendors. In the PTS, we’ve reduced the prices of Gold Bullion Item Plans to just 1 Gold Bullion each, so that you can try out the new mods more easily.
- Crusader Pistol – Semi-auto pistol that can be modded to deal various damage types. Mod Plans are available from Regs in Vault 79.
- Plasma Cutter – One-handed melee weapon that can be modded to deal various damage types. Mod Plans are available from Regs in Vault 79.
- Hellstorm Missile Launcher – Explosive weapon that can be modded to deal various damage types. Mod Plans are available from Regs in Vault 79.
- Brotherhood Recon Armor – Sturdy armor set including Helmet, Chest, Arm, and Leg pieces. Mod Plans are available from Reginald in Vault 79.
- Swamp Camo Hazmat Suit
- X-01 Scorched Power Armor Paint
- Jaguar Pant Suit
- Tulip Sky Blue PAnt Suit
- Communist Commander Outfit
- C.A.M.P. Objects
- Poodle Sleeping Bag – Beds
- Princess Castle Sleeping Bag – Beds
- Crowd Bench Seats – Chairs
- Brahmin Plushie– Floor Décor
- Musket Stack Monument – Floor Décor
- Super Mutant Tube – Floor Décor
- Asylum Lights – Lights
- Red Truck Ceiling Lights – Lights
- “Open” Neon Sign – Lights
- “Hello” Neon Sign – Lights
- Meat Bag Stash Box – Stash Boxes
- Condemned Warning Sign – Wall Décor
- Emmett Mountain Disposal Signs – Wall Décor
- Molerat Wind Chime – Wall Décor
Pre-Made Character Added to PTS Accounts
To help out with testing the new rewards mentioned above, as well as playtesting other content in the PTS, we’ve added a pre-made character to all accounts who have previously accessed the PTS. Here are the details on that character:
- The pre-made character is level 50 and has already completed the Steel Dawn questline.
- All new rewards being added with the Steel Dawn Update, including new quest items, Holiday Scorched rewards, Daily Ops rewards, and more have been unlocked on this character.
- We’ve added crafting materials to the character so that you have enough to build the new rewards without needing to scavenge for supplies.
- The character also includes:
- Enough Gold Bullion to purchase new items from Gold Bullion Vendors
- 5,000 Perk Coins, plenty of Caps, some Aid items, and Ammo for each weapon type
- All Map markers have been unlocked
- A Blueprint containing a simple C.A.M.P. that includes all workbenches
- We’ve enabled the “Holiday Scorched” Seasonal Event in the PTS starting today, and it will remain available for the duration of this PTS.
- Just like last year in the live game, Scorched have a chance to spawn in their finest Holiday attire, and will play festive sound effects when they are nearby.
- Holiday Scorched spawn as legendary, and will drop a Holiday Gift on death, which you can open to claim some loot, including new rare item plans.
- You can also spend Caps to purchase Gift Wrap from Vendors around Appalachia. Use the Tinker’s Workbench to turn your giftwrap into Holiday Gifts, and then open them to get loot.
- Much like the “Hunt for the Treasure Hunter” event, we’ve separated Holiday Scorched rewards into their own loot pool, so there are some items that you cannot get anywhere else. Please see the rewards list above, which includes these items.
We’re testing out a new Aim Assist feature, and we’d like you to give it a try and let us know what you think. It is toggled ON by default, so it will be enabled when you log into the PTS. Aim Assist can be turned off in the Settings menu.
- Please note: This feature is not currently planned for release with the Steel Dawn Update, but we would love to hear any early feedback you may have for it.
In case you haven’t had the chance to check out C.A.M.P. Shelters in the PTS just yet, they are still available for playtesting, and we would love to read your continued feedback and collect your bug reports. C.A.M.P. Shelters are instanced, underground interiors that you can add to your C.A.M.P. and build in to make them your own. We’ve posted the following Shelters details previously, but copied again them below if you need a refresher.
- We will be launching with three different types of Shelters initially, and each has its own size, layout, and style. All three of the following Shelters will be available to you in the PTS:
- Vault Utility Room
- Vault Lobby
- Vault Atrium
- You can access a Shelter by building the associated Shelter Entrance in your C.A.M.P.
- Find Shelter Entrances by scrolling all the way to the right of your C.A.M.P. build menu to the new “Shelters” category. Then, select the type of Entrance you’d like to place, and head inside!
- You can have one of each type of Shelter in your C.A.M.P., and you can build multiple Entrances to the same Shelter.
- Each Shelter has its own build budget that is separate from your main C.A.M.P., as well as your any other Shelters you’ve built.
- Since they are instanced, Shelters can offer a larger budget than your main C.A.M.P. Currently, each of our first three Shelters offers a budget that’s 50% bigger than your C.A.M.P. budget.
- We’ve removed material costs in the PTS so that you can build in your Shelters to your heart’s content.
- Additional Shelter details
- Allies cannot enter Shelters, so you be unable to place Ally Objects within.
- Player Vending Machines also cannot be built inside Shelters.
- PVP is possible inside of Shelters. If you’d like to avoid any potential aggressors, please make sure Pacifist Mode is turned on in your settings menu.
- Your Shelter interiors will be saved as you build, so you won’t lose anything even if your Shelter Entrances get destroyed, or if you decide to move them.
Thank you very much for your participation in the PTS, we’re looking forward to hearing what you think!