Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate the holiday! We hope this weekend finds you happy, healthy, and well-fed. In case you missed it, we decided to release the Steel Dawn Update earlier this week, instead of our originally planned date of December 1. Below, we’ve included some patch highlights to help you get caught up to speed in case you haven’t logged in yet to try out the new content. Additionally, we’re sharing a reminder about this week’s ongoing Treasure Hunter Mole Miner event, and details on a new Double S.C.O.R.E. event that starts next Tuesday.
STEEL DAWN UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS
We’re thrilled that we were able to bring you the Steel Dawn Update a little early, which brought new quests, features, improvements, a host of bug fixes, and more to Fallout 76 this week. As mentioned above, we’ve rounded up an overview of some of the major changes for those of you heading in-game for the first time since we patched. If you’d prefer, you can also read the full patch notes for the Steel Dawn Update here on Fallout.com.
- New Questline: The Brotherhood of Steel have returned to Appalachia, and you can take on the first part of their story with an all-new questline that arrived in the Steel Dawn Update. As you quest, you’ll meet a variety of new characters, explore new and updated locations, and earn rewards as you aid the Brotherhood’s mission to secure the Wasteland for humanity. Head in-game now and travel to Fort Atlas in the Savage Divide to kick off the new questline with your level 20+ characters. You can also watch our recent trailers and the Steel Dawn Dev Dive video below to learn even more about this week’s update:
- C.A.M.P. Shelters: Flex your creativity and construction skills with the new C.A.M.P. Shelters feature. Each Shelter offers you an instanced, underground interior that’s all your own. Build it out and customize it to your liking with a budget that’s completely separate from your main C.A.M.P. Gain access to your first Shelter, the “Vault Utility Room,” by completing a brief quest called “Home Expansion.” Locate a Claim Center Poster in any Train Station to begin the quest. Additional Shelters are coming to the Atomic Shop on December 1. You can also take a crash course in C.A.M.P. Shelters by watching our recent Dev Dive video:
- Survival Mechanic Improvements: We agree with community feedback that Hunger and Thirst could feel a little too punishing, and so we’ve removed all negative effects from both in the Steel Dawn Update. Instead, you’ll gain bonuses to your Action Point regeneration, max HP, and Disease Resist that start when you’re partially fed and hydrated. Those bonuses increase as you eat and drink, and even offer +1 Endurance and Strength when your hunger and thirst bars are full.
- New Weapons and Armor: By completing the Steel Dawn Questline and Daily Ops, you can get your hands on some new weapon and armor rewards. These are straight from the Brotherhood arsenal, and include the Plasma Cutter, the Crusader Pistol, and Hellstorm Missile Launcher. You can mod each of them to deal various types of elemental damage, so that your firepower can pack a fiery (or frigid) punch. We’ve also adjusted several existing weapons, like the Flamer, Cryolator, and some thrown explosives to deal fire, cryo, and other types of non-physical damage.
- Atomic Shop Updates: Dynamic Bundles are coming to the Atomic Shop on December 1. This will help you save Atoms by automatically adjusting bundle prices down if you already own one or more of the items they contain. Additionally, we’re adding a bundles category to the Shop so you can find them all in one place, and we’re ensuring that Fallout 1st specific sales are better highlighted for members. Also starting December 1, you will be able to spend Atoms on Lunchboxes, if you would like. However, they will remain available in-game for Gold Bullion, and you will still be able to claim them as Season rank-up rewards.
HUNT FOR THE TREASURE HUNTER!
Earlier this week, Treasure Hunter Mole Miners began appearing all around Appalachia to scour the surface for riches. We’re pleased to report that many stalwart Vault Dwellers, like yourself, have already been stepping up to put a stop to the Mole Miners’ antics. However, they’re quite a persistent bunch! Keep up the fight this weekend by taking down Treasure Hunters, scooping up the Mole Miner Pails they drop, and opening them to claim rewards. This event will last until 12:00 p.m. ET on November 30, so be sure to track down some Treasure Hunter Mole Miners to snatch up some loot for your collection.
DOUBLE S.C.O.R.E. REWARDS NEXT WEEK
There are still a couple of weeks left before Fallout 76 Season 2 comes to a close on December 15, which is the same day that Season 3 will begin with the new “Scribe of Avalon” Scoreboard. We’ll have more details on the next Season in the coming days. In the meantime, we’re calling in the cavalry so that you can aid Armor Ace and the Power Patrol in a final charge against the Red Vipers with a new Double S.C.O.R.E. event! From 12:00 p.m. on December 1, until 12:00 p.m. ET on December 7, your Daily and Weekly Challenges will award twice their usual amounts of S.C.O.R.E., so that you can maximize your rank-ups and claim those last few Season 2 rewards.
Until next time, we’ll see you in Appalachia!