The Locked and Loaded Update is on its way to Fallout 76 next week, so we’ve rounded up everything you need to know about the new features and improvements it contains to help you prepare for patch day. Additionally, we’ve got the details on a new Caps-A-Plenty weekend, which kicks off today.
LOCKED AND LOADED UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS
If you haven’t been keeping up with the latest news for Fallout 76 lately, then you’re just in time to catch our Locked and Loaded Update, which is slated to arrive on Tuesday, April 27. As patch day draws near, we’ve rounded up many of the features and improvements the update contains in a new Locked and Loaded highlights video, which you can watch below:
In case you’d like to learn even more about the improvements mentioned in the highlights video, you can visit the links below to watch our most recent Dev Dive videos and catch a few articles, as well:
- S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts – Adapt your characters to every new challenge you face in Appalachia with S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts. After level 25, you can use a “Punch Card Machine” in your C.A.M.P. and at Train Stations to completely reset your S.P.E.C.I.A.L., change up your Perk Cards, and then name and save your new setup into one of two loadout slots.
- C.A.M.P. Slots – The addition of C.A.M.P. Slots will allow you to build out a brand-new home in Appalachia without giving up your existing abode. We’ve also made significant adjustments to Display Cases and Vending Machines so that they’re more flexible when you’ve got more than one C.A.M.P. Watch our Dev Dive video and read this article to learn all about C.A.M.P. Slots and S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts directly from the dev team.
- Daily Ops Expansion – Featuring an all-new game mode, new locations, enemies, mutations, and rewards, this update nearly doubles every aspect of Daily Ops. Get more insights by joining the developers in our Dev Dive video, and by reading this article on Fallout.com.
- Season 4 Begins – Team up with Armor Ace and the Power Patrol as they square off against Commissioner Chaos and the Yukon Five during Season 4, which introduces a new Scoreboard, 100 ranks to achieve, and tons of rewards to claim along the way. Catch everything you need to know about Season 4 by visiting the Seasons page on Fallout.com, and by reading this article.
- Mannequins – Are your outfits gathering dust in your Stash? Put some of your favorites on display for all of your C.A.M.P. visitors to admire with a set of male and female Apparel Mannequins, which you can unlock by ranking up this Season.
- Aim Assist – We’ve added an Aim Assist toggle to the game settings so that players who use controllers can set their sights on enemies and stay on target a little more effectively.
- World Activity Updates – Stay on top of all the action in your current world with updates to the World Activity Menu, which will now display active events, nuke zones, nearby player Vendors, and more.
- Crafting Sliders – Forge a whole stack of items all at once with the new slider that will appear when you’re hard at work crafting at your Workbenches.
- Melee Improvements – We’ve made some tweaks and improvements for melee and unarmed attacks so that your strikes ring true more consistently.
- Treasure Hunter Rewards – Treasure Hunter Mole Miners are always uncovering new valuables in the Wasteland. Following the update, their Mole Miner Pails have the chance to drop some brand-new rewards during “Hunt for the Treasure Hunter” events.
We can’t wait to get this update into your hands, and to see what the community can do with features like S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts and C.A.M.P. Slots. If you own a PC copy of Fallout 76 on Bethesda.net, it’s not too late to try out all these improvements in the Public Test Server. We’re keeping the PTS online until April 26, so be sure to log in this weekend and let us know what you think.
Vendors’ registers are practically overflowing with Caps, which means it’s time for another Caps-A-Plenty weekend! Starting a little later today, haul your unwanted loot and gear to your favorite Vendors around Appalachia, and then sell it to them to get up to twice the usual number of daily Caps. 2,800 Caps will be available to you every day throughout Caps-A-Plenty, so be sure to sell off your wares each day until the event ends on April 26. Check out the exact start and end times below.
CAPS-A-PLENTY WEEKEND DETAILS
- Event Start: 12:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, April 22
- Event End: 12:00 p.m. ET on Monday, April 26
As a reminder, we released an all-new Community Calendar in last week’s Inside the Vault that includes dates for all upcoming weekend events through July. Head here to check it out, so that you don’t miss any of the action over the coming months. Until next time, we’ll see you in Appalachia.